Blog Archive

Wednesday 13 September 2023

South towards Portugal

 



Before leaving Combarro I went for a cycle along the beautful coast and I'm so glad I did, it was a great cycle.

The little harbour in combarro is quite picturesque although it was quiet being early morning.









We've seen what appear to be these little tombs a lot in Galicia, often by the side of the road.





I'm not sure if they're actually containing coffins or just a sort of memorial structure ?

I found the village laundry from bygone days, fed from the spring with the water carried in an aquaduct to the scrubing area.
The water is beautifully clear but sadly litter has accumulated in the pool through lack of use. 

Combarro laundry

and the aquaduct feeding the laundry



Next we hit the road to a small but pretty beach town of Nigran further south and towards Portugal.

It's set in a beautiful bay but unfortunately dogs not permitted on the sand.
So we walked along the promenade and had a drink in a Beach side cafe watching the world go by for an hour.

Nigran Beach






Is it just me that pulls odd faces when concentrating on taking a selfie ?




I think I'll be going for a dip in the sea shortly 😀

A dip was duly enjoyed, the water feels cold to start with but it's lovely once you're in.

After tea I went for a cycle ride to find a castle, I didn't find it. 

The track got much too rough and steep for me, lol.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments here