Saturday 10 March 2018

Planning Update

Well, here we are, into the second week of March and the planning is well underway for our up-coming European adventure.

However, two things have cropped up out of the blue though that were definately not expected.

The first was a letter in a brown envelope containing a Summons and requesting my presence at the Crown Court !!! ........ for Jury Duty. Phew, that was a close call, bit worried for a moment. Fortunately it is well before our planned departure date so it should be an interesting interlude.

The second was rather a rather more painful event. I took Louis for a walk and removed my walking boots in the garage. Later in the day, without looking I stepped off the step and yep, you guessed it, my foot landed on the boots, my ankle turned over and I went tumbling....ouch. Not only that, I somehow managed to sprain both ankles at the same time, no idea how I did that, but I did, so I`m hobbling around like an old codger at the moment. Anyway, I have a few weeks to recover and from reading the NHS website, I`ll be needing all of them.

I`ve bought a few things for the trip, a 24gb data sim for the mifi, a spare water pump, a couple of storage boxes and a booking for the Channel Tunnel. That`s a one way ticket, I`ll not book the return until I know when we will need it.

I`ve also got the motorhome booked in at the garage next week for a service / check up to make sure all the mechanics are in order before I tackle those Alpine passes, otherwise known as brake busters.



I`ve also organised garden maintenance whilst were away, ie grass cutting. I don`t want to come back to a jungle !



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments here