Monday 18 September 2017

Parsley Hay High Peak


Today I have driven not too far from home, just 26 miles to the beautiful Peak District in Derbyshire.

I am parked up at Parsley Hay on the High Peak Trail.
The walking and cycling trails in the Peak District are brilliant, they run along the old railway tracks so are relatively level so if, like me your cycling fitness is not in the Chris Froome category they are very accessible.
My favorites are the Manifold Trail, Monsal Trail and the Tissington Trail.
There are lots of car parks along the routes (mostly pay and display) and some of them have visitor centre facilities with loos and a cafe. Others are just parking.
The weather is actually ok after all the rain we have had recently.
I cycled along the trail to Hartington Station. I Didn`t actually go into the village as Louis was running along side and going into the village would have meant going on the road and I don`t trust him on the road without some sort of restraint. If something catches his attention, he`s off !
I may call in Hartington village tomorrow and have look in the shops. 
I recently bought a Doggyhut Trailer for Louis, second hand on ebay, but seemingly unused. For those not familiar, it is a trailer for doggy to sit in and be pulled along by a bicycle.
He seems ok with it, but for today he seemed to prefer running along side me.
I think it will be useful when abroad in warmer weather as he soon seems to run out of steam in the heat and sit down and refuse to budge an inch.
So today we just had a look around, chatted to a couple in a Hymer motorhome similar to mine and exchanged some experiences (they had toured Austria in winter, -25 C) bit hardcore for me I think, but maybe in the Summer Austria would be wonderful. I really would like to experience some Alpine scenery.
After that we headed back for a cuppa and dinner "en van" which consisted of chicken and mushroom risotto, delicious.
A night of TV followed.
The morning brought another fine day and it was wonderful watching the sun rise over the Peak District scenery.
After breakfast, another walk along the Trail followed and then the drive home through Hartington, Warslow and Ipstones.


Were the blue dot



My view for this evening


PS. These photos have been enhanced in camera settings as I was having a play around with it !

My parking spot for tonight

Maybe I went to far with colour enhancement ?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments here