Blog Archive

Saturday 2 September 2023

Albas

 



Saturday 2nd September 2023

After a beautiful day yesterday we had thunderstorms in in early hours today and although it stopped raining by the time we got up, it was quite a damp feel to the morning.

After pondering for a while, we decided to head further south and drove for about an hour to the little village of Albas on the river Lot.

After getting set up on the local Camping Car Park and some lunch, I set off on a bike ride up the Lot.

I think Albas my kind of village !



It's surrounded by more beautiful rolling countryside and vineyards hanging with ripe grapes ready for harvesting very soon I expect.

The CCP is near to quite a large piece of infrastructure in the form of a dam on the Lot.
I'm not sure exactly what it does, other than control the flow of water. But maybe that's all it does ?
But it seems very elaborate if thats all it does. Maybe hydro electric generation, I'm not sure.

Some views of the dam






Anyway it was a great cycle ride through the vineyards.

It's another warm sunny day although I think the threat from thunder storms hasn't completely gone away.

Some views of Albas village and the surrounding countryside










I stumbled across a little stone chapel, Eglise Notre Dame where I took some photos and thought what a wonderful place to be laid to rest, on the banks of the Lot.
A more peaceful place couldn't be found.

The little chapel of Notre Dame I found on my bike ride




 Albas from the opposite bank of the Lot




Tonights parkup















Albas on the winding Lot, I cycled from the green flag to Luzech on the right
and back along the other bank of the river




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments here