Blog Archive

Monday 11 September 2023

Playa de Las Catedrales Beach !



Firstly I set off for the Playa de Las Catedrales beach at about 8.30 am for the low tide to see the arches.

It turns out it is compulsory to register with the tourist office to gain access onto the beach and two bouncers at the top of the steps were there to enforce compliance.

Name, address, email, passport number, what ? Who carries their passports to the beach at 8.30 in the morning ?
So I made up a number and it seemed to be accepted.
Then I had to download my ticket for the beach, and Odd Job got his side kick to scan the QR code giving authorization for me to decent the steps to the beach.

It was worth the effort though, I think it is one of the most beautiful beaches I've seen anywhere. 

The sand is so soft, the water so clear and the arches are spectacular.

There were some quite big waves crashing onto the beach too.



Sunrise on the beach





I think this is the most famous of the arches and appears in many Instagram posts. Soon after I took this photo the area was swarming with youngsters of the Tiktok generation posing in all kinds of odd contorsions to impress their followers.












I do so wish I could have kayaked around the arches






It doesn't really come across on the photos but these were quite large waves crashing onto the beach








Then we met up with Sue and Tony who we know through Sheila and Mick. They're travelling a similar route to us in their caravan, so it was nice to meet up with them, compare experience and drink some coffee together.




Next we set off for Santiago de Compostela a little further south in Galicia.

We need services tonight after a few nights being off grid, to fill the water and empty the waste. 

So we're at the local Autocamper stop just outside the city. 


There's a bus into town from the gates so that's out plan for tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments here