Blog Archive

Monday 11 June 2018

North into Slovenia





Today we left the beautiful island of Krk, we left Croatia and we left the amazing Adriatic Sea that I had enjoyed so much during our time on the island.
I went for a swim this morning and I was surrounded by fish brushing up against my legs ! I only wish I`d had a snorkel and mask and Lauren`s waterproof camera on me, as usual it was somewhere else and I don`t have a snorkel.
It was as if the fish were saying goodbye so I let them swim around me for a few minutes which was quite an experience.

Before leaving the Island we called back at Camping Slamni where my fridge part was to be delivered.
By the time we got there it had been delivered twenty minutes earlier, so at last I had it in my sweaty palms after all there weeks chasing it around Europe. Now I just hope it`s the correct part and I find time to fit it !
To be honest we have managed without it so far so I may just see how we go without it, I rather do it when we get home if we can manage.

We had some lunch in nearby Klinmo to use up the last of our Croatia Kuna, then set off north.

We soon entered Slovenia after passing a border post manned by a very polite young girl who asked for passports and took them into her office. I think we were the only immigrants that she`d had to interrogate all day as the post was on a very quiet rural road.
She soon emerged and raised the barrier with a friendly wave and off we went.


Slovenia is only a small country tucked in the middle of Italy, Austria, Hungary and Croatia. To match the country, the cities are like towns, the towns are like villages and villages like hamlets. Everything is pocket sized and compact.
It is a very beautiful country with green pastures and a backdrop of mountains. 

I`d selected a camperstop in a town just a short distance over the border but it turned out to be behind a restaurant, there was no shade and it was baking hot, so I looked for alternatives.

After driving for thirty minutes and climbing into some higher ground we spotted a campsite and went to investigate. It turns out it`s only been open five weeks and is run by a German lady who showed me around.
Called Camping Plana & Bar 66 (GPS 45.711814 14.190681)
There is a very well equiped new shower block which felt like I was the first to use it and a very nice bar area for a wide selection of German beers and food is available.
Some parts are a bit unfinished, the electric hook up is a cable trailing across the ground. It works, but probably doesn`t meet regulations.
Anyway, it will do for one night.

Tomorrow we`ll head in the direction of the capitol city of Ljubljana but I could do with somewhere to call on the way so some research to be done tonight.



Views of Krk, leaving Stara Baska

Views of Krk, leaving Stara Baska

The elusive package



Views of Krk from bridge onto the Mainland

Views of Krk from bridge onto the Mainland

Views of Krk from bridge onto the Mainland

Slovenia Border Control

Views from our Slovenian Camping Plana

Views from our Slovenian Camping Plana

Camping Plana and Bar 66

Camping Plana and Bar 66

Camping Plana and Bar 66

Camping Plana and Bar 66

Camping Plana shower block



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments here