Blog Archive

Friday 23 September 2022

Moving onto Croatia

The unpronounceably named (Hrpelje) village in Slovenia served us well for lastnights stop over.

All was well until we came to leave and I took too long getting through the barrier after paying my 7 euro and it came down with us still inside the parking area 🤔.

Nevermind, I'd got talking to our British neighbours this morning and they were leaving shortly, I'll wait for them and tailgate them out.

No chance, the barrier came down inches from their rear end on leaving.

No problem I thought, I'll just take another ticket, pay again and try to contact customer service department for a refund for one payment. 

Nope, machine wouldn't dispense a new ticket without a vehicle in front of the entrance barriers.

Fearing we were destined to spend the rest of our lives stuck on this carpark, my thoughts turned to the nearby bakery and mini market, wondering if they could sustain us for the rest of our lives ?

In desperation, I got talking to a German couple who spoke no English whatever, so that was interesting.

With hand gestures, as they were leaving, I managed to get them to exit, then reverse up to the barrier. I would then be able to get a new ticket, pay again then exit myself.

All went to plan, and as a bonus, the new ticket let me exit without paying, so a great result and a sense we'd escaped from self inflicted captivity in Slovenia, lol.

Note to self, in future exit as soon as the barrier lifts and mess around with the sat nav on the other side.

Anyway, we have landed in Croatia and it just as great as I remembered it.
We've booked in to what is probably the nicest site we've been on (Camping Gavotok) on the island of Krk. 

We were seduced by a VIP seaview pitch, which is right on the front and has amazing views over the turquoise Adriatic sea.

There's an infinity pool, bar and restaurant.

I've been for a dip this afternoon and I'll hope to get the kayak out for a paddle tomorrow.













We were visited by a gang of sparrows this afternoon looking for crumbs, unfortunately I think Louis may beat them to it, but I'll feed them tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments here