Blog Archive

Wednesday 28 September 2022

Monte Borghetto to Agliano Terme



We left the lovely little village of Monte Borghetto this morning waving goodbye to our neighbours in their million pound palaces.

Heading further west, I decided we'd again take the Autostrada toll road.

What the tolls charge are, can largely be saved in fuel costs by not having to slow for roundabouts every few kilometers, and they certainly save a considerable amount of time.

We're parked up now in a small village called Agliano Terme on a campsite that doesn't really have much to recommend it apart from the fantastic countryside it sits in.

We're in the Piedmont region famous for its Asti Spumante sparkling wine which seems to me to have fallen out of favour in the UK to Prosseco from Trieste.
Both are not really to my taste, being very sweet and low in alcohol 😉. 

So I doubt we'll be buying any whilst here. 

The pitches here are rather threadbare grass, a sign of a long hot summer and drought I expect.
There's a huge swimming pool and hard courts for a variety of sports.

I had a walk up to the hilltop village center, it's quite a steep slog up to the top, but worth it for the spectacular views it affords. 

I'd hoped there would be a bar at the village for refreshments, but sadly nothing was available. 

So I just wandered around taking some photos.
There seems to be about five churches, for a tiny village that seems an awful lot.

So here are some photos of my climb up the hill, and the village of Agliano Terme at the summit.

Our rather dusty grassless pitch



I can assure you, it was steeper than it looks !





Steep lane up, but worth the effort

















This was a nice place to spend 10 minutes pondering life,
one I shall not forget





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments here