Tuesday 10 September 2024

Camping Savudrija Croatia


Tuesday 10th September 2024

No photos from today, we've not really done or seen anything worthy 🤣

We left our parkup at Grignano and the lovely Castello di Miramare.

What a parkup it turned out to be, I've bookmarked it as a favourite to return to, maybe even on the way back ?

Our destination for today was Croatia.

But in-between Italy and Croatia borders, Slovenia has a finger of land extending to the Adriatic with a short coastline.

So it's necessary to enter and exit Slovenia without going on their motorway and paying a toll charge.

Simple you'd think, but no it's quite tricky made more difficult by the Garmin sat nav playing up and wanting me to do some bizarre route.

So it was back to Google maps on my phone with a screen I could hardly see.

I'd planned a lunch stop in Slovenia at a town called Koper which has a large carpark, surely there'll be space today ? Sadly not it was rammed.
I had to do a three point turn and exit quickly before i got stuck by other cars arriving.

So off to the supermarket and then an out of towncarpark for some lunch.

Anyway we made it to Camping Savudrija at Basanija in the far north at the top of the Istria region.

I booked the campsite from just reading reviews, it's ok, not amazing, but it's on the coast and I managed a swim in the sea after tea which was nice.

Earlier we did some laundry so that was useful to get done.

We're here for two nights and so I have some time to plan where next.

I'll take some photos of the campsite tomorrow.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments here