Blog Archive

Saturday 26 May 2018

A day not planned……






We waited at Venezia Village until noon to see if the fridge part was delivered and it didn`t turn up ! Upon questioning (by email) the ebay seller, I get the feeling it was sent by regular post rather than the 3 day courier service I asked them to use and I offered I would pay for, grrrr.

So we had to decide what to do…. I decided on a beach resort a few miles south of Venice called Sottomarina, sounded cool, but it wasn`t our sort of place, think Blackpool in the sun.
So we had some lunch and headed for the River Po Delta.

The delta also carries the River Adige that I enjoyed driving along this week and did the videos of.
So we are parked up at Rosolina Mare campsite on Parco Regionale Veneto del Delta del Po.
It is quite a large site aimed at families with children and is very rustic Italian, think hippy types with lots of kids.
I don`t think they get many English here, they`re all up in Venice .
It`s close to the beach which is very wide but not much depth from promenade path to sea, there isn`t much shade and we don`t have a parasol so unless the site shop hires them out, I`m not sure we`ll last long on the beach tomorrow as it`s very warm.

There is also a Botanical Gardens and nature reserve on the spit of land we are perched on so I may have a walk or cycle down there tomorrow and do some bird watching.

On Monday we`ll have to go back to Venezia Village and hope this part has arrived or we will have a dilemma as there isn`t much else in this area we want to see really. So, here`s hoping.

I`ve done another short video of the River Adige drive earlier this week.
There was a stopping place right at the start of the Gorge before I realised what it was, then nowhere to stop for miles ! Typical. Apologies for the bin waggon.

I`ve got the hang of doing these now after some initial settings difficulties, so expect some more !

Enjoy your weekend…



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments here