Tuesday 15th September
Solutre Pouilly and the Roche de Solutre was a fantastic place to be able to spend the night.
The was just myself and a couple of other motorhomes parked up, but the space is so large they were some distance away.
Just amazing views surround by nature, peace, happiness and quiet.
Until you turn the news on 🤬
oh I wish I hadn't bothered !
If AI is going to destroy humanity, I might just stay here ?
I didn't, I set off to my next destination after a late breakfast and a walk around.
The motorhome aire is on a long straight stretch of 'road' that leads nowhere now, it's a bit rough, but straight and flat. It's a local theory that it's an old Roman road so I looked for evidence. There are some flat stones that look like they may have been worked, and some upright stones that could have been curb stones, but nothing like Roman roads I've seen in Italy and France so I suspect it's a myth ?
We had a superb drive through stunning countryside continuing our south easterly direction. The landscape is getting more hilly now as we passed through the southern tip of the Jura region and bigger hills and mountains that lie ahead of us.
The roads here are something to behold, smooth and quiet, completely lacking in ruts, patches and potholes to bounce over and dodge wherever possible. It's a joy to drive here.
We arrived at a small village called Lalleyriat with a recently constructed and landscaped motorhome aire right next to a beautiful small lake.
There's a church opposite that chimes on the hour, up until midnight I believe.
The weather continues to be lovely, about 26c and sunshine.
Although it felt warm, Louis was happy to walk around the lake, it's about the size of Astbury / Westport lake so I knew we'd be well within his comfort zone regarding the distance.
He lets me know if I over stretch things when it's a warm day
So after the walk and an exploration of the village, we chilled out for the rest of the afternoon, a little siesta and a little tidy up / housework 🤣
The weather continues to be lovely, about 26c and sunshine.
Although it felt warm, Louis was happy to walk around the lake, it's about the size of Astbury / Westport lake so I knew we'd be well within his comfort zone regarding the distance.
He lets me know if I over stretch things when it's a warm day
So after the walk and an exploration of the village, we chilled out for the rest of the afternoon, a little siesta and a little tidy up / housework 🤣
I've been trying to ripen my homegrown tomatoes since I set off.
They sat there on the dashboard for 8 days in the sun, it looks like one has taken the hint ?















No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave your comments here