Wednesday, 9 September 2026

Across The English Channel

 

Wednesday 9th September 

What a contrast to yesterday, blue skies and sunshine to wake up to today.

We took another walk around Cowdray Castle ruins this morning before setting off towards Newhaven ferry port.


I selected a route to take us along the coast as much as possible and through Brighton.
The town didn't impress, admittedly I only saw it from the promenade road but it looked a bit of a scruffy hole.

I stopped for a walk and a brew on the other side of the town in a place called Ovingdean, which didn't impress much either.
Still it was ok for a walk along the front, take in a bit of sea air and the views of the white cliffs this coast is famous for.

Next it was onto Sainsburys in Newhaven for last minute supplies.

We were still sitting on the Quay 15 minutes before our due departure time but the guys did a great job getting everyone loaded and we set off at exactly at on 4pm departure time.
I always feel so relieved when I've checked in and not made a monumental screw up by turning up on the wrong day or time.
It's also a relief to get Louis through with all the complications with pet passports and Animal Health Certificates, which have become a nightmare of their own this year.

My mind then went to the poor folk at UK airports yesterday sitting on the plane for four hours and in packed departure lounges, unable to do anything whilst their travel plans of holidays, meeting family and missing connection flights became the reality nobody wants to be part of.
It must be awful for them but I'm so grateful to not be part of that madness.

So the ferry was uneventful, when we arrive in Dieppe, I'll drive 20 minutes up the coast to a place where I've stayed before at Belleville Sur Mer.

A free parkup next to the local leisure center and with great views of the English Channel for the morning.

Photos to follow when dodgy Internet sorted 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments here