Friday, 11 September 2026

Courville sur Eure to Sully Sur Loire

 


Friday 11th September 

Photos from yesterday and Wednesday are uploaded now, and I managed to get a photo of the water mill without the workmen standing around.

After breakfast we set off for Sully Sur Loire where there is a good motorhome aire next to the chateau and the river.

We just made a detour to E'leclerc supermarket for a Reglo data sim card so I can upload the photos and keep the sat nav happy.

After the supermarket we skirted around Orleans, which was a challege I wouldn't like to repeat too often, and picked up the road nearest the river for a more scenic drive.

I couldn't actually see much of the river but it was certainly there and much more scenic than the dual carriageway.

I decided to stop for lunch at Saint Benoit sur Loire where we had a walk along the river and had lunch watching the world go by and the wading birds on the river.

Saint Benoit sur Loire



I could sit and watch the river for hours !





There's an island in the river opposite us and there are sheep grazing by the river. I wonder how the farmer gets them back to the farm ?

After a siesta, it was on to our destination for tonight, Sully Sur Loire.

There's a paid event on in the chateau grounds so motorhome parking has been moved into an even bigger field next to the river.
I'm not sure what the event is, I suppose I could have paid the 8 euro to find out but it didn't really look of interest to me.

There's a loud PA blasting off . . .
I'm just hoping a drum 'n bass act followed by the rappers don't start up with it being Friday. 🤣
Update : there is a band playing but the music is quite acceptable.

The weather has certainly warmed up today to avout 26c but it's still getting a little cool overnight, although tonight may be different ?

Sully Sur Loire Chateau

The event tents



It's a big event !








Sun set over La Loire







I'm the blue blob



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments here