Sunday 20th September
I've put some photos on yesterdays post now I've got better internet.
So today . . .
Well, good news and not so good news.
I found the carpark at des Romains and there was plenty of room to park up quite close to the town.
The not so good news is where as my fears were there might be a market on the carpark, there's actually a market on the entire old town.
It was heaving, some of the narrow alleys and lanes were virtually impassable by the crowds browsing the stalls, but it's still a very beautiful place to spend a Sunday.
![]() |
| The famous view Annecy's Le Palais d'ille |
![]() |
| Jardins de l’Europe |
![]() |
| I wonder if the swans know how lucky they are to live in this environment ? |
It was not much in the fun in the crowds for Louis, or me for that matter.
I still managed to get some photos but then headed over the Jardins de l’Europe overlooking the lake.
Much more to my liking.
After lunch we headed a few miles out of town to Lac du Thuy, a small lake in another beautiful setting with turquoise waters and mountains rising around us. The water level seems a little low but I guess that's down to the lack of rainfall.
![]() |
| Lac du Thuy, tonights parkup |
It's very peaceful place so I'm staying here for the night.







































No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave your comments here