Saturday 1 October 2022

Menton Cote d'Azure France


We had a great day today crossing the border into France and visiting the pretty town of Menton.

This is an area I've not been to before, but I can understand now why the French Riviera enjoys the reputation it has for blue sky, turquoise sea and fantastic light and not forgetting sunshine.

I don't think I'd need my reading glasses if I lived here !

It's a busy little town and being Saturday there was lots going on in the squares and piazzas including a wedding, karate demonstration and a small street market, much smaller than yesterday's in Ventimiglia anyway.

And unfortunately I'd left my wallet and cards behind. So we had to rummage around counting lose change to gather enough together for a drink and lunch, but we managed.
Some might suspect I'd forgotten it on purpose to avoid us buying more 'stuff' but no, it was an honest oversight, lol. Honest.

Here are some photos of Menton























Gordon Bennett quay, lol
























We shared our lunch with this fella





















I had a wander around Latte where we're staying earlier this evening, it's definitely not a destination type of place. 

The town is a bit scruffy and litter strewn, the beach unappealing with large pebbles making it uncomfortable to walk or sit on and there are no facilities down there, not even a bench.

But for a reasonably priced base to visit other towns it's very good. 
When we arrived I wasn't hopeful it would suit us, but actually it's been a really convenient place to stay. and the shuttle bus to other towns is well organised and pretty cheap.

I walked up to where the Autostrada passes high in the sky above Latte and the bridges are collosal, dominating the entire residential area below.
There is also a constant drum banging of vehicles driving over the expansion joints in the roadway.
How anyone gets any sleep I've no idea but I presume it's the same all along this coast where the Autostrada passes high above the houses.






The colosal bridge dominating Latte, and other villages I expect


And finally, Patrick and Michelle got married in Kuala Lumpur today, congratulations to you both !






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments here