Wednesday 12 October 2022

North a little to Cremieu and Saint Vulbas

We left La Voulte sur Rhône this morning with cloudy skies and headed north for a couple of hours.

Our destination was Saint Vulbas which also sits on the banks of the Rhône, 130 km downstream from where it decents from Lake Geneva in Switzerland.

Our parking is in quite a pretty village of Saint Vulbas, just a stones throw from the river Rhône, and these are our neighbours for tonight.








We have a horse, three donkeys, about a dozen goats, long horn sheep and a cat keeps appearing and then disappearing, hunting I expect.

I'm just hoping there isn't a cockrel.

Before arriving here we did a detour to a medieval village called Cremieu.
It's only a small village but has some interesting medieval buildings, including a large covered market area. I think originally it might have been a livestock market.

Some photos of Cremieu











And a couple of photos of Saint Vulbas village and the nearby Rhône





I've been reading on the internet about fuel shortages in France, I think it might be the tanker delivery drivers striking, so I decided to fill up whenever I saw a garage that had some diesel.

The first garage I came to I dived in without checking the price. 

A lot of garages have stopped displaying prices on the signs outside, I'm not sure if that's because they have none, or the prices are changing too frequently.
Anyway, it was a reasonable price and less than the Intermarch supermarket I'd passed earlier.

I also scored a win by pulling up to the only pump with diesel, two French guys were scratching their heads and looking frustrated.

It wouldn't let me fill up completely, but I was grateful to get 40 litres, and I'll try and fill up again tomorrow when we move.

Shortly afterwards we passed a garage with a long queue for fuel, so I think we struck lucky.
Another had barrier tape around all the pumps.

Hopefully as we head north the fuel availability situation will improve.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments here