Sunday, 4 October 2026

Day 28 - Uzès to Arre


Sunday 4th October 


There's not a lot to report from today, it took absolutely ages to get out of Uzès this morning.


There was what must have been a charity event in the town which consisted of literally thousands of people in pink tee shirts, walking and winding their way around the town bringing the whole thing to a standstill for about an hour.

If I'd known I'd have stayed in bed, lol.


When I finally got moving I managed to get some diesel but I had to sell a kidney at the kiosk 🤬


Next it was onto the national park of the 

Cévennes and a lunch stop at La Cascades de la Vis. 







The falls generated quite a mist in the valley










I think this bridge once carried a railway, as it's a cycle track off to the right but it's in need of repair now, held together with a frame of steel cables on two arches


We then set off for our overnight stop at a small village motorhome aire in a place called Arre, on the river L’Arre. 

There's not many photos of Arre as it started to drizzle soon after I arrived.






My plan is to continue heading west tomorrow to the town of Millau which is best known for Sir Norman Foster’s spectacular viaduct over the river Tarn.


Although it's apparently quite a nice place to visit on its own, so I'll explore the village when I've seen the viaduct.


I'm hoping the skies will be clear so I can get some good photos of it, it should look like this . . .





But we'll see how kind the weather gods are tomorrow . . .

The weather forecast is looking favourable although I've got a bit of rain this evening after a fine sunny Sunday, so fingers crossed 🤞 


Millau is also on the A75 toll free route north, so my plan is to use it to head north this coming week.

 

I need to be in Bourg Auchard near Rouen on Monday next week for Louis worming treatment.  So it's a long way, but I'll have a few days to break up the journey and see what I find.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments here