Blog Archive

Monday 17 June 2019

Starigrad day three






Monday 17th June


We`ve stayed at camping Plantaza, had two and a half enyoyable days and tonight is our third and last night here.
We`ve just had a very delicious meal in the restaurant, I had a whole Sea Bass with grilled vegetables, Sue had Scampi and chips, two large and one small beers and hazelnut ice-cream and it came to less than £40. 
Great value for money anywhere, but with a view of the sunset like we have here, unbeatable.
In the time we`ve spent here we`ve found nothing to fault and there are very few places that you can say that about.

I suppose one thing some people might critisise Croatia for is the beaches are mostly pebbles. It doesn`t bother me, I hate sandy beaches when the sand gets everywhere and you`re trying to put sun screen on and you`re rubbing sand in you`re skin, yuck and ouch.
The other thing with pebbles is the water is usually clearer, better for snorkelling.

The more time I spend in Croatia, the more I come to love the country.

There`s no real news from today, it`s been spent swimming, snorkelling and kayaking and relaxing in the sunshine.

We still have the radio streamed over the wifi and keep hearing reports of the rain, flooding, road closures, traffic chaos, and the usual hassles that go along with life in the UK. Not forgetting B&$*^t.

For the time being, I feel so lucky and privileged to be able to escape all that difficult stuff that grinds us down every day, and escape from reality here.
But of course it won`t last, I`ll soon be back with you suffering it too !

Tomorrow we leave this little bit of heaven and venture into the town of Zadar, it`s only about 35/40 minutes away so we`ll spend the day exploring there.

You probably seen this view from my chair already, but I like it !

A different view from my chair, looking up at the sun shining through the pine trees



2 comments:

  1. Hi Sue & Chris glad you are having nice time weather has been awful here. Terry & I have been to Zadar I'm sure you will both like it there love Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, yes the weather has been fabulous since we left home and we are making the most of it.
    I keep hearing of the rain in the UK, we do feel for you and I`m sure it`ll stop soon and Summer begin for you :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments here