Blog Archive

Thursday 20 June 2019

Pag – On the beach





Thurssday 20th June

Today was spent on the beach at Camping Navis.
Phew, it ain't half getting hot though !

Not got a lot to report as you might expect lying on the beach all day.
I needed a day to recover from my collision with the Croatian tipper truck. 
This camp is almost exclusively occupied by the Germans and they seem a very miserable lot for some reason, not sure why. Elsewhere they were friendly and cheerful, but certainly a different bunch here.

eBay seems to have plenty of replacement mirrors for Ed although the style has changed a bit over the years, so I'll probably have to buy a matching pair when I get home.
I've also managed to swop the mirrors over so I have a good one on the offside and the DIY bodge on my nearside. So that'll be much better for driving on the right. 
I'll just have to do a quick swop over whilst speeding through the Channel tunnel on the way home though. (note to self - keep the tools handy ! )

Tomorrow we're moving on from here, there is a little ferry goes from the top of Pag back to the mainland, avoiding the need to drive back down to Zadar, so that'll save a couple of hours drive time and the ferry's not expensive.

I think we'll start to take a few leisurely steps towards home with the option of staying somewhere a few days if we feel like it.
Lake Garda, Lake Como, Lake Maggorie, Dolamites all spring to mind, but before that I might go to the Istria area of Croatia that we saw some of last year, but there's still plenty left to visit.

After that it'll be deciding upon a route home.

I know you're all cursing the lack of summer in the UK, but we got plenty of sun down here and could do with temperatures a touch cooler.
We`re still enjoying the good weather though.

I hope the weather bucks up for you at the weekend.

Anyway, bye for now.

A few views around Camping Navis, I`ll spare you the nudist beach pictures !





Ed parked up, seeking some shade




And the ar$ehole who took my mirror out
Note the no overtaking sign at 8 seconds !!!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments here