Saturday 11 May 2024

Porth Neigwl, Hell's Mouth

 


Saturday 11th May 2024


I stuck my head outside last night to look for the Aurora Borealis, couldn't see anything and went back in.

Seems like I was a little hasty and didn't let my eyes adjust to the darkness.
So I was fast asleep when everyone was snapping these amazing pictures.

Ah, we get another opportunity tonight so I'll try again.

I've moved on today to Porth Neigwl or Hell's Mouth and it's commonly known.

It's another of Llyn's beautiful beaches but being closer to Abersoch there's much more of a Wilmslow by the sea feel to it, evidenced by all the Range Roves clogging up the lanes.

It's also very popular with the SUP crowd, there are dozens here, plus a few kayaks, surfers and swimmers.

I didn't bother getting my kayak out, instead we had a beach walk, which Louis didn't enjoy due to the large pebbles, and so we did another stretch of the coastal path which was much more to his liking.

There's a little village not far away so I'll have a wander up there after tea.

The weather has been scorchio today, the warmest day of the week, probably the year, by some margin.








I liked the tiny window in this deralict cottage,
I wonder what it's purpose was ?








A chimney on a hillside ?






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments here