Wednesday 8 May 2024

Further onto Llyn Peninsula



Wednesday 8th May 2024

Today I took a little tour around the Llyn Peninsula after leaving the Rhug Estate this morning.

First stop was Cricceth where I parked up on the seafront and had a walk around the small town and up to the castle.

The castle sits prominently on the headland with views out over the bay.
It's open to the public but I didn't go in.

I'd hoped for a walk on the beach but dogs are excluded after 1st April unfortunately.












I then headed to Llanbedrog where we managed a walk along the beach past the colourful beach huts and a quick paddle in the sea.







I'd thought about staying here tonight but I know a much more picturesque parkup so headed to . . . . .

Porth Dinllaen

I've stayed here before and it's a lovely place.
There's a great walk along the headland, through the golf course and down onto the beach which has the only pub on a beach in Britain, so that's where we headed.

The Ty Coch Inn always seems popular despite the walk to get here.
When I came last time I was looking forward to a pint here sat on the  beach, but found out they only take cards and of course I'd only bought cash.

This time I bought my card, but didn't really fancy a beer, so it stayed in my wallet and we walked on and made our way back to Ed for tea. 












No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments here