Saturday 20 April 2024

Penmon Point



Saturday 20th April 2024

It was another peaceful night next to Beaumaris Castle and I was joined by about 12 other camper vans and motorhomes.

A lot of overnight parking places on Anglesey have been removed in recent years as I think the council introduce height barriers.

So with not too many options available, clearly Beaumaris is in popular whilst it lasts.

There was no rain overnight and we woke to blue skies and sunshine which was very welcome.

For today's destination, it was a toss up between Newborough Beach or Penmon Point.

I've been to Newborough Beach before and really enjoyed it, but never Penmon Point, so that decided it. 
As much as I like Newborough, Penmon won out.

I knew it was a pay carpark as it's privately owned, but £12.50 for the day ??? Ouch. A bit steep for what it is.

Still it's a great place overlooking Snowdonia, the North Wales coast and the Great Orme. 

I could almost see Saint Trudos church where I was parked the other night.

Penmon Point also overlooks Puffin Island.

There are boat trips from Beaumaris to see the Puffins.
I was hoping to see some from the beach but no such luck, and I'd left my binoculars at home.

So it's been an enjoyable little trip around North Wales, especially so as it's been the first one of the year.

Oh I did some research and the arch walk at Penrhyn Castle is actually a fuchsia walk, not wisteria as I suggested it might be.

I'll bet that looks good hanging with flowers in the summer.




Todays photos . . . . .



















I'm heading home tomorrow to avoid the busy traffic on Monday.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments here