Wednesday 17 April 2024

The Great Orme

Wednesday 17th April 2024


I had a peaceful night on Llangollen's Panorama Walk, but for some reason there are no sheep around this year, when I've been here before there are lots of them.

They're nice to see, and their inquisitive faces looking in the van are always welcome, but at least I didn't have to listen to their bleating throughout the night, lol.

There was quite a lot of rain overnight which wasn't forecast, but fortunately, by the time Louis had his morning walk the rain had given way to a bright sunny morning.

First stop was the town of Llangollen where we had a walk along the river and over the bridge and around some of the shops.

I must say, it's not an especially healthy place, every other shop was selling ice cream, chocolate, fudge or Welsh Oggies. 







I'm pleased to say my willpower held firm and I resisted the temptations of Llangollen eateries.

Next stop was Rhos on Sea for a run on the beach, for Louis anyway, I had a more leisurely stroll.







It's still quiet windy but the rain is mostly holding off and it was  enjoyable to get some seaside action for the first time this year.
No sand between the toes though, I kept my pinkies firmly in my walking boots !

Then it was on to the Great Orme at Llandudno.

I'm parked up at the little church, St Tudno's where there is a small carpark with spectacular views over the Irish sea.

Earlier we had a walk up to the summit.
It was quite a treck, but so worth it for the 360' views.

I'm pleased to report the wind has died down and the rain has cleared off somewhere else thankfully.

St Tudno's Church














St Tudno's Church in the distance


Great Orme Summit



Louis getting cozy with Pluto !


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments here