Tuesday 14 February 2023

Late Winter Lake District Trip

 

Wednesday 8th February 2023


First trip of the year takes me up to the frozen north and the beautiful lake district national park.

The weather is actually pretty good for February  it's settled now with little rain for a couple of weeks and not much in the forecast, so that'll do me for a few days away.

It's cold at night but I can keep warm in Ed with the heating on.

First stop is Crosby Beach on Merseyside.

I've wanted to take a look at Anthony Gormleys "Another Place" iron men for a while. 

These are 100 iron statues along a two mile stretch of the sands at Crosby.
They're actually made from a cast of his own body and are quite erie, standing looking out into the Mersey estuary and the Irish sea beyond.

There's pay and display parking here which doesn't exclude overnight, it feels safe so it'll do for me. 
There is actually free parking nearby close to the leisure center, but it's a bit overlooked by some flats so I think I prefer it here.

It did prove to be a good parkup, I was joined by another motorhome and it was very quiet all night, just the sound of the waves at high tide to send me to sleep.

There is a great cycle path here, national route 810 which stretches 19.5 miles from Liverpool to Southport.


 Looks a great cycle path for another visit








Don't think Louis knows what to make of it

Crosby beach

Crosby beach


Anthony Gormleys "Another Place"












No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments here