Tuesday 14 February 2023

Lake District - day two

 


Thursday 9th February

After a morning walk along the cycle path and a quick visit to Aldi, I set off for the Lakes. 

I had considered calling at Formby in the hope of seeing the red squirrels, but as wherever I got to see the reds, they always scarper when they see me coming and I'm left disappointed, so I'll save that for another time.

Firstly I called at Fell Foot carpark on Windermere for lunch and then had a walk along the Windermere path.

Windermere



Windermere



Windermere with hills in the distance







Next it was onto Aira Force National Trust carpark where they allow motorhomes to overnight adjacent to spectacular Ullswater, so that'll be me sorted for tonight hopefully.

We walked up the path alongside Aira Beck and enjoyed photographing the falls and Louis had a paddle in the beck.

It's a lovely woodland setting with good paths and some great views of the surrounding countryside.

Unfortunately my camera decided to go into portrait mode for some reason known only to the camera, so if you look carefully some of the edges are all out of focus.

Aira Force

Aira Beck
























No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments here