Sunday 28 June 2020

Monsal Head Peak District


23 June 2020 - Monsal Head Peak District


The car park at Monsal Head us quite large but sloping so not so good for overnight stays.

It's a short walk to the viewing area with stunning views down Monsal Dale.

It's also a beautiful day, warm with clear blue skies, hardly a cloud in sight. 

A rather rough footpath takes you down a hill side and joins up with the Monsal Trail right by the famous viaduct.
After crossing the viaduct, another footpath on the left takes you down to the river Wye meadow.
Once again Louis found the only patch of stinking, slimey stagnant mud to wallow in to cool off. Similar story to Mam Tor a few weeks ago.

Blimey who's have dogs, he was filthy and stank. I found a beach area further up and encouraged him to go in the river and clean up. Unfortunately it was only partly successful so I had to get my shoes and socks off and go in to give him a better clean up.

Another bath for Louis back at Ed ensured he was sufficiently clean to enter Ed after he'd dried off. He's still a bit stinky but fortunately he's at the groomers on Thursday. First one since lockdown.

Due to the slope at Monsal Head I wasn't happy overnighting there so decided to go to my favourite Peak District stop at Parsley Hay.
A beautiful evening with magnificent views over the best this national park has to offer and a glass of wine, a perfect evening.

I really appreciate living do close and being able to come to these places.
When the weather is like this, theres nowhere better to be.

I had a chat with a couple in a Bailey motorhome, they were from Heaton Moor in Stockport.
They are planning to go to Croatia when they can, so I gave them some advice and they gave me some tips on going to Spain and Portugal.

So it's back home tomorrow and the weather forecast looks good for the next few days.

I had a call from Llyn Gwynnant campsite confirming the booking for 13th July, so I've got that to look forward to next month.

I just hope the good weather holds out.


























No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments here