Sunday 28 June 2020

Porth Ore, Llyn Peninsular, Wales



Saturday 21st March


(Written in March but not posted until 28th June)

It wasn`t a very good nights sleep as I was a bit twitchy about every slightest sound I heard, and I heard a lot of noises imagining all kinds of things.
I was happy when 0600 came around and I could get up, walk Louis, have breakfast and get on the road.



Well it's been a strange day today.
Firstly I went to put the drop down bed up to its daytime position, but I heard a clatter and nuts and washers came tumbling down from above !
It turned out a bolt from the mechanism had let go and the bed is looking a little lop sided now with the gas strut pushing against getting the bolt holes lined up !
Looks like I'm on the sofa tonight.
Then it started feeling a little chilly.
I realised the gas bottle had run out.
No problem, I'll switch to the other bottle and soon the heating was back on warming the van nicely.
I then searched for an autogas agent and found one in Pwllheli.
So it was off to Pwllhei after breakfast.
I filled up there then headed off to Whistling sands at Porth Oer. 
I arrived at the National Trust car park by the beach and promptly got stuck on wet grass !!!
Some hippies in Vans nearby offered to help get me out, but with a little help from some nearby gravel and I managed to extract myself from the sticky goo that is grass at the moment.
We had a lovely walk on the sandy beach then enjoyed tea of baked potato, bacon and baked beans - delicious.
Proper camping food !
On the way back I had an altercation with a local who shouted at me to "stay at home and keep your filthy English germs away from here" 
It seems like this coronavirus is bringing out the worst in people.
Mostly small minded idiots, but their is an air of hostility around for sure.
It's un-nerved me to the point of not being comfortable to stay here tonight as I'd  planned.
She, the Welsh bitch ended up throwing a rock at the van and putting a small dent in Ed's bodywork.
Mind you this was after I'd told her to fook off.
The last thing I'd want though is for her to send some heavies round for some bother later after dark, so I'm off soon.
The trouble is, I had a glass of wine with my tea, so I can't move just yet.
Coffee should help.
It's just so sad that small minded people react in this way.
I heard reports earlier that people were leaving London and heading to their second homes in Devon and Cornwall, and the locals were complaining bitterly that they should stay in London and not take their germs and use up valuable and scarce NHS resources in those areas.
The pitchfork and burning torch brigade are certainly making themselves heard.
I can understand both point of view but if I lived in central London and had a second home in Cornwall, I know where I'd rather be.
I honestly don't know what to think, the whole situation is just bringing out the worst in everyone.
I should add, it's also bringing out the best in people also, with many genuine messages on the internet of support and help for vulnerable groups.
So that's three things turned out bad today, the bed, the gas and the Welsh small minded local.
Oh, I also miss-judged the fresh water and ran out today, grrr, not sure how that happened but it did. Not a big problem really as I have a few bottles of mineral water so I`ll use that, just very annoying.
I just hope I get a peaceful nights sleep. I'm going to head back to where I was last night.
As I left Porth Ore, a motorbike and a quad bike arrived and began circling the carpark, I've no idea what their plans were but I was glad to be leaving in the circumstances.
I've arrived back at Porth Dinllean and it feels as pleasant as it did last night.
I think I'll be ok here.
Whilst waking on the beach at Porth Ore, I found a black stone with a white ring around, I`ll post a photograph later. I`m calling it my Covid 19 "halo of hope" stone and I intend to keep it with me.

Italy had another terrible day today with nearly 800 deaths from Covoid 19.
UK deaths also continue to ratchet up, but I think we're two or three weeks behind Italy.
There are still shortages of food in the supermarkets, probably panic buying from the likes of the idiot who confronted me earlier.
I'm going to head home early tomorrow, call at the supermarket, then go home, clean the van and see what there is to do at home.



Here is my "Halo of Hope" stone to get us through this 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments here