Sunday 28 June 2020

Hulme End Peak District


22 June 2020 - Hulme End Peak District

With plenty of annual leave, fine weather and the bedroom decorating completed last week, I couldn't resist a trip out in Ed.

After a quick detour to Morrisons for some food, I set off and got to Hulme End about 1115.
It's the former station, now a cafe and visitors center at the top of the Manifold Trail.

After lunch Louis and set out in warm sunshine for some excecise.
Louis walked / trotted, setting the pace whilst I cycled behind pulling the Doggyhut trailer.

It was downhill all the way to Waterhouses.
Apart from a section of trail that uses the road Louis ran all of it, but he was tired at the end so he hopped on the trailer for the return journey.

The rest of the afternoon was spent relaxing, then I found an old disposable BBQ from last year and so I lit that and had beefburgers for tea.
It's another lovely spot here in the Peak District, overnighting not strictly allowed but nobody is too bothered.

I'd bought a Amazon firestick 4k recently and spent some time sorting that out and it works really well provided you have enough data.
I'll need to check that out.
It also has Alexa on but I've not tried that yet.

Tomorrow the plan is to head up to Monsal Head car park and then take a walk down to the river Wye and on to Ashford in the Water.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments here