Sunday 7 July 2019

Thionville to Le Quesnoy





Sunday 7th July

We did rather more driving today than I originally planned to do.

Firstly Sue decided she needed electric hook up for the hair dryer, it's much too powerful for my batteries and would drain them in a few minutes.

So the stop I'd planned went out of the window.

I found another decent sounding stop at a Marina in Hautmont but when we arrived the whole place had been taken over by some petrol heads having a play with their cars.

So that was out too.
We also had trouble finding both of these sites, the GPS co-ordinates I had off the Camper Contact website were both incorrect. That`s the first time I can think of that`s happened, and then it happens twice on the same day !

Next we moved to Le Quesnoy about half an hour away.
It a really interesting little town with large fortifications and moats, a large lake and there seems to be lots going on in town today. 
I'll did some research on the town history and it`s long and varied and a bit heavy going to read when on holiday so I didn`t bother.

Surfice to say it`s a nice little town. 

There is a park adjoining the ramparts and there is a petting zoo with donkeys, goats, chickens and geese.

What`s more there is a vet in town so I`m going to contact them in the morning and see if we can get Louis check done there instead of going up to Bruges.



Le Quesnoy Lake

Le Quesnoy town ramparts

Le Quesnoy town ramparts

Le Quesnoy town ramparts

Le Quesnoy town ramparts

Le Quesnoy town 

Le Quesnoy town ramparts

Le Quesnoy town ramparts and gardens

Le Quesnoy town ramparts petting zoo

Le Quesnoy town ramparts petting zoo

Everyone loves a donkey picture !

Our route to Le Quesnoy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments here