Sunday 14 July 2019

Back Home !




We got back home on Tuesday and have had a few days to re-adjust again to house living before I have to go back to work next week, I'm sure that'll be a bit of a shock to the system !

We've had a great trip this year, 39 nights, 7 countries, and great weather all the way. Looking Back it seems like it was warm and sunny every day !

Last year we seemed to follow the rain, or maybe it was following us, I'm not sure. 
It wasn't constant of course, but we did seem to get some wet weather at some point wherever we went, whilst the UK enjoyed sunny skies.

This year was totally different, glorious sunny weather almost every day.
The only real storm we had was on the way back in Lake Orta where it did chuck it down and caught us out un-prepared.
We returned to Ed to find it a bit wet inside as I`d left the roof vents open.

It felt like quite a long drive to Vienna, but worth it, a great city and I'm glad we were able to spend a few days there seeing the wonderful Architecture and sights of the city.
 
I loved the architecture, fountains and sculptures, having acquired a taste for the baroque over the years. 

Croatia was a main destination and I thoroughly enjoyed the warm clear waters of the Adriatic Sea, swimming and kayaking along those rocky coastal bays was fantastic.
Kayaking down the Mreznica Waterfalls was also an unforgettable  experience.

Zadar is a lovely city with lots of interesting sights.

I was a little disappointed in Pag and Vir, islands off the coast near Zadar. 
There was nothing wrong with them, I just expected there to be a bit more of interest than there was. 
Perhaps we went to the wrong bits or were just expecting too much.
But I suppose I can't expect to be blown away by everywhere we go.

The Italian lakes were a pleasure as usual, Garda, Como, Iseo are all wonderful destinations.
I particularly enjoyed the north end of Garda which is quite different to the southern end.
Maybe next time we`ll try the middle bit ?

Cannero on Lake Maggorie was a great resort where I felt comfortable and could easily have stayed there indefinitely.

One of the reasons I love traveling in the motorhome is finding hidden gems and Lake Orta is definitely one of those we found having not previously had it on the radar. 
A beautiful lake and town.

We had a brief excursion into the Dolomites in Italy and they were also very scenic and somewhere if love to return to explore more.

Ed performed brilliantly, never missed a beat despite abuse from the Croatian tipper truck taking of the mirror and smashing it to pieces.
Last year a bulb blew, this year nothing, not even a fuse or bulb went wrong.
Very pleased with trouble free motoring.

We covered 3,644 miles and used 605 litres of diesel, so mpg worked out at 27.3 miles per gallon which is actually a little better than last year, I`m not sure why.
The only difference is I took the bike rack off this year, but I'd be surprised if that would account for it.

And what did it all cost ?  £63.79 per night all in.

That’s a little up on last year but accounted for I think in the Channel Tunnel costs being spread over fewer nights away.
Still great value for money in my opinion for the experience we had and the memories that will stay with me forever.

Here are a few pics.................

Mittenwald Bavaria Germany

Linderhof Palace Bavaria Germany (pity about the crane)

Vienna Austria

Vienna Austria

Vienna Austria

Kayaking on the Mreznica River Croatia

Kayaking on the Mreznica River Croatia

Beautiful village of Rastoke on the Mreznica River Croatia

Sunset in Starigrad Croatia

Kayaking in Starigrad Croatia

Our perfect beach pitch in Starigrad Croatia

Pag town Croatia

Zadar Croatia
Motovun Italy

Bellagio Lake Come Italy

Cannero Lake Maggorie Italy

Orta San Guilio Lake Orta Italy


Lucerne Switzerland

Eguisheim France


Thanks for reading !






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments here