Monday 22 May 2023

Porth Iago

Thursday 18th May 2023

The morning sun in Porthdinllaen was very welcome to wake up to so I decided to take advantage and walk to the end of the headland through the golf club.

It's such a beautiful location here that I never tire of returning. I've always loved the scenery on the Llyn Peninsula, but I don't think I realised how much until in recent years when I've been back several times.

The coastal path is stunning and it's so peaceful to sit among the wild spring flowers and assorted grasses smelling the scents and watching the bees busy in their endeavours collecting pollen.

It's so peaceful, I could sit and watch them all day.

I made it to the headland by the lighthouse and I was rewarded by seeing a grey seal bobbing up and down, taking a breather I expect from all that chasing fish for supper.

After some lunch I left Porthdinllaen and set off for Porth Iago, a little further down the peninsula and another of my favourite places.

It was much quieter there than I expected. Chris, the guy who looks after the campsite, has spent a lot of money building a toilet and shower block over the recent years and I think to try and get a return he's been making quite a play for the campsite on Facebook, posting beautiful photographs at every opportunity, and seeking likes etc.
Anyway there was only one other van here when I arrived, another two arrived later, but not busy by any means so I could get my usual place on the front overlooking the beautiful cove.

Tea was Lauren and Chloe's Costco sausage hot dogs done on the Cadac barbeque and with onions and mushroom rice, I must say they were delicious.

What a view . . . . .




Supper on the BBQ









No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments here