Monday 22 May 2023

Aberdaron and Porthore

Friday 19th May 2023

The weather forecast for today is a little unsettled, mostly cloudy and quite windy. 
So I think it's unlikely I'm going to be able to get my kayak out today here in Porth Iago unfortunately, since I'm very much a fair weather paddler.

So do I stay or do I move on ?

I think I'll move on. 

As lovely as this cove is, unless the weather is good enough to get on the beach, there's not actually a great lot to do. 
The coastal path is worth a walk and I've done that a few times, but a circular walk is tricky as when I did that a few years ago and came back through the farmyard, I found out that the grumpy farmer tries to 'fine' people 50 pounds !

He really doesn't like peoples dogs, I think had a bad experience once.

So I moved on to spend the afternoon in Aberdaron which is a good little town with a National Trust carpark on the beach.

Later I moved onto Porthore otherwise known as Whistling Sands which has  one the most stunning beaches I've seen, lovely soft golden sands and a crescent shaped cove which is a real sun trap.

Stunning Porthore -  Whistling Sands











Lots more Thrift at Porthore






What a sky


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments here