Friday 14 August 2020

Mam Tor Peak District

Peak District 29th May 2020


It was indeed very peaceful at Millers Dale car park.

No bother from anyone which is how it should be. 

The builders turned up at eight but not really any noise until about nine. Builders breakfast I suppose !

I was tempted by the river walk again this morning, it blew me away yesterday evening. 

But in the end I decided against it and set off for Mam Tor, about half an hour away.
I feared it might be busy at Mam Tor and the carparks full.

I headed for the National Trust carpark and whadyouknow ? payment machine is furloughed, not working so a parking freebie today.

The Mam Tor circular walk is gorgeous with fabulous views, but it's windy on the top, even on a glorious day like today.

Of course I left the route directions back in Ed, but confident I'd read them surely nothing could go wrong ?

Wrong ! Ok took a wrong turn and somehow ended up at the bottom of Winnats Pass.

On the way though I passed 'Liam the Terrible's' van parked up. 
He's a van life YouTube blogger I've watched. 
I Didn't see him though.
He seems a bit of a odd maverick character so I wasn't that disappointed not to meet him.

So, an assent of Winnats Pass was called for.

We had a sit down at the bottom and took on some water before setting off. It was a bit of a climb but not too bad. It put about another two miles on our walk.
On the way though, Louis must have been hot and found the only bit of water logged mud / sheep / cow poo slurry in all of the Edale Valley and took a lie down in it to cool off !!! FFS dogs !!

Needless to I say I spent the afternoon cleaning him up.

Later, after some much deserved lunch, I drove to Monyash, another little carpark on the High Peak cycle trail. 

I've stayed here before and it's a lovely spot.
We were too tired / hot for a long walk so just a wander down the track and back after tea.

Mam Tor views

Mam Tor views of Winnats Pass

Mam Tor views of Winnats Pass

Mam Tor views of Winnats Pass

Mam Tor views of Winnats Pass



Mam Tor views of Winnats Pass

Mam Tor views of Winnats Pass

Mam Tor paragliders

Mam Tor paragliders

Parked up at Monyash

Parked up at Monyash

Parked up at Monyash

Parked up at Monyash

Parked up at Monyash

Parked up at Monyash

Parked up at Mam Tor

Mam Tor views

Mam Tor views

Mam Tor views

Mam Tor views

Mam Tor views

Mam Tor views

Mam Tor views

Mam Tor views

Mam Tor views

Louis on Mam Tor trig point

Mam Tor views

Mam Tor views

Mam Tor paragliders

Mam Tor paragliders

Mam Tor paragliders

Mam Tor paragliders

Mam Tor views

Mam Tor views

Mam Tor views

Mam Tor views

Mam Tor views

Mam Tor views

Mam Tor - old Manchester to Sheffield road

Mam Tor views

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments here