Wednesday 25 May 2022

Two Castles in a day


Friday 13th May 2022


Next it was on to Chirk Castle, a National Trust site

I've not been here for many years and couldn't remember much about it. 
It's an unusual castle, not particularly attractive, but set in a lovely landscape. So I enjoyed a walk around the grounds taking in the fresh smells of Spring in the warm sunshine. Having Louis with me meant I didn't go inside, I could have put him in Ed and gone in but but didn't bother in the end.

So after a cuppa, I headed over to Panoramic Walk above Llangollen. This is an area on a hillside with views over Llangollen in the valley below.
There are a number of places for overnight parking, and it is a great place to spend the night with spectacular views.

After lunch I did the circular walk up to castle Castell Dinas Bran which is a hilltop castle, mostly just ruins now but it has amazing views down the valley and over the town of Llangollen.

It was a very peaceful night with just the local sheep for company.


Chirk Castle



Chirk Castle  views



Chirk Castle



Chirk Castle








Castell Dinas Bran





Castell Dinas Bran




Castell Dinas Bran



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments here