Saturday 14 May 2022

A bit of a pared down trip



Thursday 12th May 2022


This trip is a little pared down from what I'd originally hoped for.

My first idea was Scotland, but the weather forecast is decidedly wet and windy for this week.

Still, the weather forecast for the Llyn peninsula will be better ? Urm no, at the start of the week it looked like 4 or 5 warm sunny days, but as time went on it changed to sun and partly cloudy on just one day, with quite strong winds, so not good kayaking weather.

I've been on the Llyn before when it's been windy and it's almost impossible to enjoy doing anything outside the wind is that strong.

With the price of diesel at the moment, I don't want to drive for three hours to find cold, windy and wet weather, I'd rather save it for when the weather is more settled.

So I decided on something closer to home.

First stop today (actually the only stop) is Colemere, near Ellesmere in Shropshire. I've been here many times before, it's a lovely place for a walk around the lake and a safe place to overnight.

Colemere has its own vineyard and there are signs up promoting vineyard tours on Saturday and Sunday. I'll have to see if I can swing by on the way back. I like a wine tasting session 













No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments here