Thursday 22 July 2021

Through Shropshire to Malvern Hills

 Wednesday 14 July 2021


Today I decided to head off into Shropshire, through the rolling hills and lush green Meadows of one of my favourite counties, towards the picturesque market town of Ledbury.

I don't know Ledbury or Malvern at all actually, but a bit of research suggests the area is well worth a visit.

The mid summer sun is doing thing as well so everywhere looks beautiful bathed in sunshine.

My first call is Colemere, near Ellesmere. The mere has a great circular woodland walk and a handy carpark where I've enjoyed staying many times before.
The Shropshire Union canal also runs next to the mere.

This time though a little old man on a pre-war vintage bicycle called round about 5pm. He very politely explained he was a volunteer ranger and that overnight parking was not allowed.

Fair enough, I don't want to offend the locals, but I doubt he'd return to check I'd gone but I moved anyway to another parkup a mile away but closer to Ellesmere which I'd seen on other visits to the area but never stayed overnight.

It was actually a great parkup and after a walk into the town I enjoyed a very peaceful night and went to sleep to the sound of an owl hooting in the tree next to me.

Colemere Nature Reserve

Colemere Nature Reserve

Colemere Nature Reserve

Colemere Nature Reserve

Shropshire Union Canal on the Colemere Nature Reserve

Shropshire Union Canal on the Colemere Nature Reserve

 
Colemere Nature Reserve parkup until the ranger visited

Colemere Nature Reserve

Ellesmere 

Ellesmere


Parkup no.2 at Ellesmere





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments here