Thursday 22 July 2021

Craven Arms

 Thursday 15 July 2021


After listening to the owl for much of the night until I dropped off to sleep, the morning broke with glorious sunshine again.

After breakfast I set off south towards Shrewsbury. My first stop was to be Attingham Park, a National Trust property I've not been to before.

A couple or three hours were spent there looking around. I didn't go inside, I think only the basement was open anyway. 

So I walked Louis around the grounds and took a few photos.

Next stop after some lunch was The Discovery Center at Craven Arms. 

It's a visitor center really with lots of information on the Shropshire Hills, lots of merchandise for sale and cafes, but importantly they allow motorhome overnight parking for a donation into the honesty box.

It's a great place to stay as well. Adjoining the centre is a vast meadow with riverside walks that Louis and I enjoyed before a brief walk around the town.

Attingham Park courtyard

Attingham Park walled garden

Attingham Park walled garden

Attingham Park walled garden

Attingham Park walled garden

Attingham Park walled garden

Attingham Park garden

Attingham Park

Attingham Park

Attingham Park

Attingham Park

Attingham Park

Craven Arms Discovery Centre river meadow walk

Craven Arms Discovery Centre river meadow walk



Craven Arms Discovery Centre river meadow walk

Craven Arms Discovery Centre overnight parking



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments here