Sunday 12 July 2020

Fairbourne Point



Sunday 12th July 2020

Today has been a great day, glorious sunshine from about 6am. It was extremely windy overnight though, but that had subsided by the time I got up and got outside about 0900.

Apart from the wind it was a very peaceful nights sleep.

After breakfast I had a cycle down to the paper shop in Fairbourne, then did a bit of a detour on the way back and found another parking area overlooking the sea, but it doesn't look as nice as where I am with the mountains as a backdrop.

After lunch I got the kayak out and had a paddle up the river. Parked next to me is a friendly guy from Wakefield and he has a kayak also, so we ended up paddling together for a bit.

I managed to get the incoming tide going up the estuary, then hung around a bit and got the out going tide to take me down the river, so that was a bit of good planning.It was quite hard work though on the way back against the wind, even with the current.

Then it was time for a sleep in the sun whilst the kayak dried off.

Louis enjoyed himself, mostly slept all the way, rocked gently by the waves.

Tea was "en van" pork chop, sausage, tinned veg and potatoes I harvested from the garden on Friday and I must say they were delicious. All drowned in gravey of course.

Laurens coming over to Wales tomorrow so it'll be nice to meet up with her and have a walk around Llanberis.







































No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments here