Wednesday 14 April 2021

Porth Lago paradise

 Wednesday 14th April 2021


After quite a cool night at Porth Lago, glorious sunshine greeted me when I woke from a restful nights sleep.

I'd decided overnight to stay here another night and enjoy another day taking in this little bit of Welsh Paradise.
This really is a lovely bay and one I`m certainly going to coming back to in the future.

So I decided today I'd get the kayak out and go for a paddle along the coast.
Chris the farmer warned me of some strong currents and recommended I go left out of the bay towards Porth Ore, or known to many as whistling sands.

Before turning left I decided to paddle out to a small island where there were lots of sea birds.
Unfortunately they all took flight as I approached leaving just a couple of lazy seagulls to glare at me until I turned around.

I use a waterproof action camera in the kayak, a bit like a Gopro but a fraction of the price. 
Now I know why they're cheap, when I came to download my pictures they were all corrupted for some reason.

So no photos to show for my paddling exploits today I'm afraid, but it was very enjoyable paddling in and out of the coves looking at the rock formations.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments here