Thursday 20 September 2018

Rained off ?





As I approached Ed following our evening walk around the Muckleburgh Military Collection site yesterday, I could feel rain in the air, ten minutes later it was hammering it down !
I had a lucky escape there as I`d left 90 minutes previously in warm sunshine,  no phone, no money and only in tee shirt, shorts and sandles. 
I would have been soaked to the skin and wetter than a wet thing if it had come sooner.

It continued to rain all night and blew a hooley.

It was still raining this morning and the forecast is for only a brief respite this afternoon before another storm comes in for tonight !

I decided we`d leave Weybourne and the Fox Hill site and follow the Norfolk coast round to the Sandringham Estate.

It was still raining when we got there so the gardens would have been out of the question, so did we want to just go in and look in the house ?
Or is it a Palace ?

Trip Advisor reviews were aplenty and most gripes were about the small number of rooms you could actually visit !

That made our minds up, we`d just knock it on the head and set the sat nav for home.

We didn`t fancy another storm cooped up in Ed, so heading home made more sense, so that’s where we are now.

It`s been a good break, I loved Suffolk in particular, we had some excellent warm and sunny weather, 23 / 24c most days and I`ve just enjoyed seeing a parts of the country I`ve not been to before.

The Dedham Vale ANOB in particular (Constable Country) was very beautiful.

So all in all a great break.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments here